Friday, January 04, 2008

Where to go

Do you dare to use a one-sentence paragraph? Crooked House on "the 'we' point of view and E. Nesbit" ("We were the Bastables"). Heather Mallick's year that was. CBC.ca/art's 2007 in pop culture. And did Unity Mitford have Hitler's baby? (I'm inclined to say no-- though imagine finding out you were Hitler's baby?). Check out "the manliest cookbook of all time". Headline of the day is "Circus School Seeks Students". Marchand's year that was: on "grace" as the ultimate gift of Divisidero, "Some readers would have been satisfied with a good novel."

I recently found reference in a book to pudding finger-painting, which has relieved me of a nagging fear that I'd been a paint-eating child. And though I'm despairing about returning to work on Monday, we've got planned in the meantime an afternoon tea at the Four Seasons as consolation.