Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Raise High

And now I bring you to the end of the "new house" tour, as our bedroom has been a painted and is now fit for public viewing. So here it is, in all its afternoon glory, with the balcony door wide open to some more light in. The roof beams raised high, Carpenters, and it's wonderful. (The walls were mauve before-- can you imagine anything more awful? Well, only my formerly brown hallway.)

We love it. We also love that somebody else painted it and that he did an impeccable job in one day. There is something to be said for professionals, and he doesn't even appear to have dripped paint on the rug (or in my hair). So apparently you can spell paint without pain, or at least without my pain. The secret is a chequebook hmmm. Man, do I ever love adulthood. I think I'll stick with it for a while.