Thursday, December 20, 2007

Spending days

I have a talent for spending days. I am also quite good at wasting them too, but I can make the choice now, which is something. Particularly since I am on Christmas vacation. Oh my job is a wee bit dull, but one can't complain for the pay is good and I don't need to return there until January 7th. And I spent yesterday so utterly stimulated, reading through my manuscript, reading the entirety of Claire Cameron's The Line Painter, unable to put down Canadian Notes and Queries, and chatting with the mailman in my track pants. I met my Creative Writing allies in the eve. Today I just finished reading my own manuscript, I'm reading When the World Was Steady by Claire Messud whose books never fail to give me a whole world, and at 3:00 I'm going to get my hair cut. And some people might find such days mundane, but then they just don't understand magic.