Sunday, September 16, 2007

Tomato Soup

This weekend was less than remarkable, but more than enjoyable. I've been tired for ages and now I'm not, and I've read a zillion books, and scrubbed my tub. Finally. Yesterday I read memoirs Autobiography of a Face by Lucy Grealy, and Ann Patchett's Truth and Beauty. Both were extremely well done, but I was also surprised at how much Patchett's book was a writing memoir more than anything else more controversial. Last night we went to see The Great Space Debate. Should we send people to Mars? It was more hilarious, particularly when Robert Zubrin (president of The Mars Society) became enraged at the premise of colonizing Mars being a sorta bad idea. We also got freeze dried ice cream, which tasted like real ice cream but made us thirsty. Sunday has been such a Sunday, but also v. cool as the abundant tomatoes from our garden were turned into a delicious tomato soup thanks to my husband. And it's a beautiful day outside-- the sun has been pouring in through the windows deliciously.