Thursday, June 01, 2006

The treasures that they hold

As I mentioned before, I really loved Other People's Bookmarks, the article from last fall in The Believer about objects found in books. However, one's own bookmarks are inclined to be just as interesting. And rediscovering them is one of the many perqs of The Great Summer Re-Reading Project, though my found objects aren't always technically bookmarks, but often things I slip between pages for safekeeping and then forget about. Tonight I found both a one dollar and a two dollar bill inside Margaret Atwood's The Robber Bride. Oh books, what troves you really are.

Speaking of books, Stuart is currently reading my copy of This Can't Be Happening at MacDonald Hall. What an absolutely hilarious book. And unbelievably, written by a thirteen year old boy.